[KS] Korean in North Korea

William B. McCloy wbmccloy at u.washington.edu
Sun Nov 24 16:32:28 EST 2013

Here is a link to a pdf of a master's dissertation done at the University of
British Columbia (and mentioned earlier on this list):

https://circle.ubc.ca/handle/2429/28806?show=full   It discusses some of the
ways North Korea has expressly and purposely revised vocabulary (sometimes
making up new words) to, for example, replace obscure Sino-Korean
expressions with pure Korean ones.

Bill McCloy