[KS] Daniel Bouchez

Marion Eggert marion.eggert at rub.de
Mon Apr 21 12:08:05 EDT 2014

It is sad to hear of the passing of Daniel Bouchez. To what has been
said, I would like to add that he commanded deep respect, both as a
person and as a philologist. This was a man who taught his Korean
seminarists in Latin until he realized they didn't understand him, then
effortlessly switched to Korean, and who could hold his own against the
eminent Chông Kyubok in discussing new evidence concerning the language
of creation of Kuunmong. While I can't claim to have known him well as a
person, I always felt that his noble detachment was complemented by
genuine collegiality.

Marion Eggert

--
Prof. Dr. Marion Eggert