[KS] from Namdaemun or from Tongdaemun?

Hyung Pai hyungpai at eastasian.ucsb.edu
Tue Oct 7 12:28:04 EDT 2014

Dear Frank
I am attaching a photo taken of Wongaksaji pagoda by Lowell from his 1886 book about the same time and you can see the Bukak mt at a similar angle, so I am assuming looking from East gate, it makes more sense.
But , since it is a big mt. top cannot be certain.
Hyung Il Pai
Professor, East Asian Languages and Cultural Studies
HSSB Building, University of California, Santa Barbara
CA 93106. U.S.A.
Fax: 805-893-7671
Email: hyungpai at eastasian.ucsb.edu
Dept Home-page profile: http://www.eastasian.ucsb.edu/home/faculty/hyung-il-pai/