[KS] Percival Lowell

Keila Diehl kdiehl at berkeley.edu
Wed Apr 15 17:28:20 EDT 2015

While we're on the topic of Percival Lowell... here is a wonderful photo
of him taken by Asa M. Mattice, an officer on the USS /Juniata/, which
toured East Asia in
1883-1885:https://cross-currents.berkeley.edu/e-journal/photo-essay/499?page=5

This image is part of a remarkable collection of glass negatives owned
by U.S. photographer John Dowling, who curated this /Cross-Currents/
photo essay about the voyage of the /Juniata./ Read Dowling's curator's
statement here
<https://cross-currents.berkeley.edu/e-journal/issue-7/voyage-uss-juniata/curatorstatement>.

--
Keila Diehl, Ph.D.