[KS] 2015 Korean War and Reunification Symposium (Ottawa, Canada) - Call for Papers

Gabrielle.Bishop at international.gc.ca Gabrielle.Bishop at international.gc.ca
Mon Jun 22 16:31:10 EDT 2015

Good afternoon,

Please find attached the call for papers for the 2015 Korean War and Reunification Symposium. The Symposium is co-hosted by the Embassy of the Republic of Korea to Canada and the Norman Paterson School of International Affairs (NPSIA), Canada's top-ranked graduate school of international affairs.

I believe the Korean Embassy is providing a small amount of funding for presenters to travel to and stay in Ottawa.

Last year each presenter was awarded a Samsung tablet. The presenter of the top paper (ranked by the selection committee, made up of academics and professionals) received a $500 scholarship. A random draw was also held for one presenter to attend the Youth Peace Camp in Korea (all expenses + half of airfare paid).

The Symposium is attended by Canadian and foreign diplomats, Canadian elected officials, Korean War veterans, students and academics.

This is the second year the Symposium is being held, and the organizing committee is hoping it will be an even bigger success (only a small amount of proposals were received last year).

As a former presenter I would be happy to answer any questions potential applicants may have.

Thank you for passing this along,

Gabrielle Bishop
Jr. Trade Policy Officer (Student) | Agente de la politique commerciale junior (Étudiante)
Investment Trade Policy Division | Direction de la Politique commerciale sur l'investissement (TNI)
Gabrielle.Bishop at international.gc.ca<mailto:Gabrielle.Bishop at international.gc.ca>
Telephone | Téléphone: +1 (343) 203-4288
111 promenade Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 1J1
Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada | Affaires étrangères, Commerce et Développement Canada