[KS] backward apostrophes

CedarBough T. Saeji umyang at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 20:27:23 EST 2015

I think this may be related to the changes in automatic formatting in
programs like Word. "Smart quotes" (curving inwards towards the quoted
item) and "Straight quotes" are now something that are determined by
defaults, so unless you tinker around, you're usually stuck with smart
quotes. The apostrophe appears to be a similar issue-- without setting up a
special key sequence, or using the "symbols" menu, I have only one
apostrophe available to me on my keyboard.

CedarBough Saeji

p.s. the problem can be solved by using RR instead of M-R.

--

CedarBough T. Saeji  ∞ Profile on Academia.edu
<https://hufs.academia.edu/CedarBoughTSaeji>

Visiting Research Scholar, Research Institute of Korean Studies, Korea
University

고려대학교 한국민족문화연구원 객원 연구원 ∞ *https://riks.korea.ac.kr/
<https://riks.korea.ac.kr/>*

"Preserving intangible culture as static performances in the hope of
sustaining cultural diversity may do very little to foster the processes of
change and regeneration that are needed to ensure cultural vitality and
heterogeneity" (Pietrobruno 2009: 240).

(우) 02791  서울특별시 성북구 석관동 340-273번지 102호

Hwarangno 22-gil 47-17, Apt 102, Seokgwandong, Seongbukgu, Seoul 02791