[KS] Munhak Yesul journals from 1951-53

S Hwang skhwang3 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 06:03:32 EDT 2016

Dear Frank,

Thank you for your explanation. I think you are right. The National
Assembly library catalog says, "잡지명 변경: 조선문학 (창간호 (1947년 9월)-) -> 문학예술 (제2권
제5호 (1949년 5월)-제6권 제8호 (1953년 8월)) -> (재창간) 조선문학 (1953년 10월)-" So, there
must have been name changes from Choson munhak to Munhak yesul to Choson
munhak. I will check this out in person and see if I can find the authors I
am looking for. The call number seems to be in NK literature section.

You are right, the Munhak yesul published in South Korea from 1954-57 had
different type of works (like Yom Sangsop and Mo Yunsuk), so that was
confusing. Then, there is also Munhak yesul from the 2000s, which is
completely different.

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Su-kyoung