[KS] Terry Bennett's Photo Collection

Thomas Duvernay profduv at yu.ac.kr
Sun Jul 12 21:55:59 EDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

I heard from Terry Bennett today that he would like to find a good home for
his historic photos of Korea. You might remember his book on early photos
in Korea, "Korea: Caught in Time". I've corresponded with Terry for
many years, and he was very helpful when I was doing my research into the
1871 US-Korea military conflict; there are several things in my book
attributable to him. Here is what he wrote to me:

"I’m at the stage in life now where I would like to find a home for my
collection of some 4,000 Korean photos. It needs an institution with the
funds, interest and understanding of the need to preserve them in the right
temperature and humidity conditions. I always thought it would be a good
buy for one of the chaebols to then donate to one of the museums."

If you know of anyone/any place that might be interested in his collection,
please let me know.

Best wishes,

Thomas

[image: image.png]