[KS] CKS--AAS conference activities

Travis Workman tworkman at umn.edu
Wed Mar 9 21:02:38 EST 2022

Dear korean studies listserv,

I would like to make the following submission for the listserv. Can you
please spread the word about these AAS conference events?

Thank you, Travis

The Committee on Korean Studies announces a special panel on publishing in
Korean Studies to be held at the upcoming Association for Asian Studies
Annual Conference. “Getting into Print in Korean Studies" will take place
in Meeting Room 324, Saturday, March 26, 2:15-3:45pm Hawaii Time or at the
following Zoom meeting for remote participants: Meeting ID: 940 6335 6073
(Passcode: y7ZYG8). Journal and book editors in Korean studies who will
present and ask questions: Lorri Hagman (University of Washington Press),
Cheehyung Harrison Kim (*Korea Studies*), Jisoo Kim (*Journal of Korean
Studies*) Albert Park (*JAS *and *Environments of East Asia*), Sunyoung
Park (*Kaya*), and Janet Poole (*MLA Texts and Translations*).

This year’s CKS annual meeting will also be a hybrid event held
7:30-9:30pm Hawaii
Time, Friday, March 25, in South Pacific 2 or at this Zoom meeting (Meeting
ID: 934 3639 3342; Passcode: 197G8K). We will discuss the programs for the
upcoming year, field questions and requests from membership, and introduce
the incoming chair of Committee on Korean Studies, Prof. Maya Stiller.

--
Travis Workman
Associate Professor