[KS] Korean War (other terms)

Charles Armstrong cra10 at columbia.edu
Thu Nov 17 11:20:47 EST 2005

As far as I know DPRK official translation is "Fatherland." I suppose a
more literal translation might be "Grandfatherland" or "Ancestral
Country," which wouldn't work too well in Western languages. But
Fatherland does have unfortunate Nazi connotations, of which the North
Koreans seem unaware.

Charles Armstrong