[KS] Beginning of dog-meat consumption

Walraven, B.C.A. B.C.A.Walraven at hum.leidenuniv.nl
Thu May 16 09:58:04 EDT 2013

Dear Julien,

It certainly isn't anything recent. In the Choson period people were
bribed with dog meat. Have a look at my chapter in Katarzyna Cwiertka
(ed.) Asian Food: the local and the global, where you will also find
other references. And look out for work by Elmer Veldkamp who has done a
PhD thesis at Tokyo University on attitudes toward animals in Korea and
Japan. He has published some articles in Japanese, Korean and English.

Good luck,

Boudewijn Walraven