[KS] Belated publication announcement

ifenkl at aol.com ifenkl at aol.com
Mon Sep 21 19:35:06 EDT 2015

Dear List Members,

It occurred to me that I am sometimes classified, these days, as a
gyopo writer by Korean academicians, though I am usually classified
as mixed race. In any case, the following story is set in Korea in the
early 1970s and is influenced more by modern Korean literature than
American or postcolonial lit. It is probably still readable for free on
The New Yorker's online magazine.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/08/03/five-arrows

At the bottom of that page are links to the Q & A along with a link to
my translation of Yi Mun-yol's "An Anonymous Island," which came
out in September of 2011.

-Heinz Insu Fenkl